August 29, 2012

Mango Frozen Yogurt


We just came back from a wonderful camping trip with friends. We really only had one sunny day, but it was a good time nonetheless.  We hung out on the beach, rode horses, golfed, hiked, played card games around the fire and best of all, ate. Non stop. It was great. I equally enjoyed not having to cook for 4 days.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cook! It is probably my favourite thing to do, but I do not enjoy cooking while camping. I don't know why. I just find it frustrating, and not very thrilling. Needless to say, I have been craving some kitchen time!  Summer is coming to an end, so I have been wanting to make some more "summery" things before I start swooning over every "fall" type recipe I find.

I originally saw this frozen yogurt on "Jaime's Meals in Minutes" (love Jaime Oliver)  but I made some minor changes to it.  It is creamy and rich and has just the right balance of sweet and tangy.  It made the perfect treat on a hot summer afternoon.


 
 
Mango Frozen Yogurt:
 
Ingredients:
 
1 500 gram bag of frozen mango chunks
1 250 gram tub of natural yogurt
2 Tbsp honey
Zest of 1 lime
3-4 fresh mint leaves
Good quality dark chocolate (for garnish)
 
Directions:
 
1) Whiz up mango chunks in food processor until they are half the size.
2) Add yogurt, honey, lime and mint and whiz up until smooth.
3) Spoon into a previously frozen dish, smooth out and pop in freezer for about 10 minutes, or if you want it extra firm (like me), use an ice cream maker.
4) Scoop into ice cream cones or individual bowls, garnish with chocolate shavings, and serve!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you need to make me some ice cream or fro yo one of these days! Yummmm! The chocolate on it sounds goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. I am thinking of making mint chocolate chip next! I will save you some because you are my favorite sister.

    ReplyDelete